http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=2495562934101186382 Template

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Never Throw out your Waffle Iron!



I recently read about this mother who . . for the sake of simplifying
her kitchen got rid of her waffle maker. . and i'm all for keeping it simple
trust me.. but my waffle maker is here to STAY! It
made me sad actually. . how could anyone
say goodbye to homemade waffles!

Also because of that article i've been craving waffles
. . so i whipped some up this morning
just to check and see if i still loved them.

yup.

here is betty crocker's super easy delicious recipe . . with an extra egg from me.

Three fresh farm eggs ( if you have never had a real egg. . this is another
subject i could go off on. . but DO run out and find
your most locally hatched farm eggs. . you won't ever eat store bought eggs . . even the one's that say cage free .. again! )

so. . 3 fresh eggs
1 3/4 c organic milk
1/2 cup oil
( i use extra virgin olive if making one batch. . and veg for mult.batches. )
Whisk this up in good shape.
Add
2 cups any flour
1 tbsp sugar
( i use brown but any will do )
4 tsp b powder
1/4 tsp salt

just kinda mix in the b powder and salt into the flour with your fingers
and then proceed to whisk whisk whisk till all is
mixed well.

Add a little more milk if you want thinner batter

Cook 'em up and serve hot hot hot with tons of butter and real maple syrup!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Life With My Joys..... said...

Rachey.....I sold my waffle iron that I got for a wedding gift! "Too big and chunky", I said! "It's not worth the space for the few times I'll use it!" So - when I move home, you'll have to make me some to convince that I made a huge mistake! :0)

August 3, 2008 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Saqib Khatri said...

Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. Best Waffle Makers

September 9, 2018 at 4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home